Re: The Mechanical Universe

The audience shots are ironic. They are, of course, partly B-roll over
David Goodstein's lines, but I think they are also meant to make physics
more "inclusive", featuring as they do students of various genders,
races, and degrees of nerdity. It is ironic because Caltech is probably
the most exclusive undergraduate institution in the country. They don't
admit dummies, an elitist admissions policy if there ever was one. It
also bothers me that they use the *same* B-roll audience shots over
again, perhaps another sop to PC - they're conspicuously recycling.

Am I correct in saying that Gilda Radner is sitting in the class taking
the course?!

T.K. McCarthy, Email:mcca6300@spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov