entropy

Folks:
I requested responses and got them, thanks, as I'm going to be talking about
this in two weeks to my introductory class, I'd like to here how some of you
give naive students an idea of what entropy is in a few classes without
using disorder as an analogy. In other words, what do you really do to
approach the subject or just some ideas. I'm going to have about 1-3
lectures to discuss the topic, (the higher number is if you let the Carnot
Cycle count as part of the discussion).

I confess to always mentioning the idea of disorder; but I'm not so sure
(even after what's been said) that its an entirely stupid thing to do,
particulary if you mention all the disclaimers about this being a loose
analogy at best.

So lets hear what you guys do!

Joel