Re: Teacher evaluations for 1st year physics

Since I'm the one who started this discussion let me add some additional detail
to my situation.

1) All of my courses are 8 weeks (1/2 semester) in length....it's a long story,
it basically makes them like trading cards; certain programs only want, say, Me
chanics I and Heat & Light from the Technical Physics pool of courses.-- this m
eans that Jim Green's test-suggestion doesn't quite work for me:-)

2) I am currently the ONLY full-time faculty teaching these physics courses.

3) In defense of my boss, he actually raised the question because he's familiar
with what the dean/provost administrators look for in promotion and tenure....
and he figures that's the one thing they will go after for me...teacher evaluat
tions....or at least question them.

So here's another question, does any one out there in Phys-L land know of any
studies on teacher evaluations for 1st year physics courses & their trends?

Thanks for all of the input so far......

Sue Ramlo