Re: Speed of Light

Hi

Yes, the uncertainity is now in the length of the meter, BUT
if my memory is correct before the change, most of the uncertainty in c
was from the relatively weak standard for the length of the meter. By
having a good time standard and defining c, the standard for the meter
was improved. The other reason for the change was that many other
fundamental constants depended on the value of c. each time someone
changed the standard for the meter or measure c better, a lot of
other constants changed. With a defined c, this major source of
variation is gone.

Thanks
roger haaar U of AZ