Re: bag of Monopoles !!!!!

On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 BRITTON@odie.ncssm.edu wrote:

If you believe that the four Maxwell's Equations are complete and correct
as written these days, then a bag of monopoles will let me build an
EXCELLENT perpetual motion machine of the 2nd kind i.e. generating power
with NO power input!

If you believe the equations "as written these days," then there are no
magnetic monopoles. If, on the other hand, you rewrite them to allow
magnetic monopoles, then you can't build your machine (as you go on to
point out later yourself.) So your point is?

John

P.S. Sorry for being so contentious; I like to think it's not like me, but
I'm wasting my Sunday responding to yet another version of the "University
Strategic Plan" which has reached new highs for redundancy, vagueness,
fantasy, and/or just plain "Duh-ness." I guess I just needed to vent.

A. John Mallinckrodt email: mallinckrodt@csupomona.edu
Professor of Physics voice: 909-869-4054
Cal Poly Pomona fax: 909-869-5090
Pomona, CA 91768 office: Building 8, Room 223
web: http://www.sci.csupomona.edu/~mallinckrodt/