Re: Devil's Advocate

I apologize to Dewey and the group for any personal 'attacks' and in
spilling several threads (past and present) into this one.

I don't really disagree with Dewey's ideas in general--just in degree--that
is just HOW badly we've done with this group and that group. I DO tend to
be skeptical about some of the 'data' that is collected in any
human-subject study, and don't have many of those at hand, so I tend to
look at the 'big' picture, the observable effects of our education process,
and in so doing, see the more technical education to have done 'alright'.
For the non-technical, I would not claim any great accomplishments, but am
also not too quick to exclude the possibility that there have have been
some worthwhile gains from the education that's been received. As always,
it is clear to me we can do better and I support all efforts working toward
that end.

Rick

Well, it seems that the argument has come to "jumping on a messenger"
because he is a ... and he is trashing ... and we need to see *real*
data.