Re: Jackson on Jackson

IMHO what has changed since the 50's (and 60's when I was involved in
"Higher Education") is that eduation has become more inclusive. We are now
including kids who would have NOT been included earlier - this includes
some with less motivation - so we hae to motivate them, we have to PUSH them.
Richard M. Langer

Women don't need to be pushed (certainly not the ones *I* know!) but
they previously were NOT included. Some still are not in a group that is
otherwise all male. When you expect group learning to just "happen" outside
of your field of vision, you don't see the deliberate exclusion still taking
place. Yes, EVEN in graduate school!

Chris

-- Chris Clayton
(first year physical science teacher)