springs

Leigh's discussion of springs reminded me of an amusing true story.

My father frequently does volunteer work at the local science exploratorium
in Atlanta. And one day he was talking with a group of students of age 8-11
roughly. Somehow he got around to showing them his wrist watch, which is of
the wind-up variety. The students were absolutely amazed and in fact
thought this was the latest manifestation of modern technology. One student
exclaimed, " imagine that, what will they think of next; you don't even have
to replace the batteries on that watch".

Joel