Re: Questions you love/hate to have asked

Hello All:

Bob Carlson wrote:

I've been using the bookkeeping approach for several years now and it seems
to make life simpler (especially for students to organize their thoughts and
for me to evaluate them). ...

{snip}

... Energy graphs are similar, if you create a table with the
different energy contributions and sum them to get the total energy. Isn't
this what a physicist is? A keeper of nature's books.

No, I'd say that nature does a good job of balancing its own books; we're
more like the IRS auditors who keep looking for a mistake. :-)

John
trammell@fnal.gov

P.S. - Happy punkin day!