Range of projectile...

I know this should be a simple thing to figure out, but I just
can't seem to figure it out. I was wondering if someone can help me
out. I'll be introducing projectiles shortly and I was wondering is
there a way to figure out algebraicly the best angle to shoot a
projectile to get its maximum range? I was able to figure out through
trial and error the best angle to fire a projectile (set velocity) for
maximum range, but I can't figure out how to calculate the angle. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dwight
dsouder@ashland.edu