Re: C-SAT

As I understand it, rivers do run uphill - long ones heading towards the
equator, at least. Isn't it the Mississipi (pardon the Aussie spelling if
that's wrong!) which meets the ocean at a higher elevation to much of its
length? The story I've been told is that the equatorial bulge of the
earth is matched by the gravitational equipotentials.
Margaret Mazzolini