Re: coulombs

18 decimal places? I am not sure what you think is measured to 18 places.
-
The coulbomb (or Ampere) has not been adjusted to be an integral multiple
of the electron charge. The electron charge is known to about 8 places.
I find the history of the charge on the electron to be quite interesting
(although perhaps of not great importance in the scheme of things).