Re: Feynman videos found

Fellows,

Just thought I should post this news in case somebody is
interested...

Regards, Dave Cruz <DCRUZ@T1ACC1.INTEL.COM>

Title : Feynman videos unearthed
From PHYSICS WORLD, Oct 1996 page 50:
Videotapes of the lecture series on which Richard Feynman based his best-
selling book have been rediscovered at the U of Auckland. F's family have
given permission for the university to distribute copies on a not-for-profit
basis.

Contact John Dudley, Dept of Physics, U of Auckland, Private Bag 92019,
Auckland, NZ (tel. +64 9 373 7599 ext 8834; fax +64 9 373 7445;
email j.dudley@auckland.ac.nz).

(PhysicsNet is at http://www.iop.org)

These tapes are available in the U.S. from Ralph Leighton. I purchased
them earlier this summer to show to our summer research students, and they
are excellent! (The videos were actually discussed in an AJP article
published several months ago--that's how I found out about them.) Here's
the info that I received from Ralph at the beginning of the summer:

Dear Feynman fan,

Thanks to the University of Auckland and the
Feynman family, Richard P. Feynman's lectures on
Quantumelectrodynamics (QED) for a lay audience
are now available. The NTSC edition is now ready!
It's on four VHS cassettes. Total time is about 6 hours,
which includes some questions and answers after each lecture.

(In the fall, I hope to make a closed-caption edition
for non-native speakers of Feynmanese.)

Right now, there are several options:

For the US and Canada:

1) $59 for one set delivered by air mail or priority mail
(2-3 days, once I've processed your order).

2) $55 for one set delivered by 4th class or surface mail
(about ten days, once I've processed your order).

3) $40 for additional sets of lectures sent at the same time.

***For the rest of the world, the price is $59 for one set delivered by
surface mail; $75 for one set delivered by air mail.

Please make check payable to Friends of Tuva and mail to:

Friends of Tuva
Box 70021
Pasadena CA 91117 USA

For non-US orders, please send an international postal money order,
or a check drawn on a US bank.
(Bank must have a US address on the check.)

Packaging options:

a) Four separate plastic cases (sleeves), so your tapes can
fit into a cabinet that holds other VHS tapes;

b) One 9" by 12" by 2 1/4" holder that looks like a notebook;
holds all four tapes and protects them better.

***Please indicate which package you would prefer. The price is
the same for both.(Option b will be ready June 21.)
If I do not receive a preference, you'll get option a.

Please note! These videos are in NTSC (US standard), used in
the US, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and elsewhere--
but NOT in Europe, Russia, or British Commonwealth countries
(unless you have a multi-standard player and TV).

For PAL (UK standard), please contact Prof. John Dudley in
New Zealand: jmd@phyvc.auckland.ac.nz

Thank you for your interest. Enjoy the lectures!

Ralph Leighton

--
Ralph Leighton (213) 221-8882 vox & fax. If you would like to receive
the

* Dennis E. Krause Phone:(413) 597-3306 *
* Department of Physics Fax: (413) 597-4116 *
* Williams College Dennis.E.Krause@williams.edu *
* Williamstown, MA 01267 *