Re: curve balls, airfoils, greenhouse effect

I'm not ready to give up Bernoulli on airfoils yet either. Again,
calculations give reasonable numbers, and I really haven't heard or seen a
description that negates Bernoulli as a _major_ factor in LOW SPEED
airfoils--again such as those used with human-powered craft. I also wonder
about ultra-lights. To be sure, I've always raised the question of how can
airplanes fly upside-down with my classes and therefore get at attack
angle, conservation of momentum contributions.

....you can also ask traditional bernouilli questions like the lift force
on a roof with a wind blowing over it, or Torricelli questions derived
from Bernouilli. My students really like the lift force on roof-type questions.

Dan M