----------
From: David Dockstader <DRDOCK00@UKCC.UKY.EDU>

The question to ask about curve balls, airplanes, and shower curtains is
not if
Bernoulli's law makes things go the right way, but if the conditions to
which
Bernoulli's law apply exist for these events. I submit that they do not.
For
the curve ball the spinning ball does work on the air so energy within
the
fluid is not conserved. For airplanes the engines do work, in a glider
gravity
does work, again energy in the fluid is not conserved. For the shower
curtain
falling water does work on the air and there is no need or continuity on
opposite sides of the curtain.