Re: total lunar eclipse Thurs. evening

Jane Jackson wrote:

A reminder: total lunar eclipse on Thursday evening.

In Jack Horkheimer's "Star Hustler" episode last week he mentioned a
luminousity scale used to rate the brightness of a lunar eclipse. I did
not catch the name (something like daw-john??), but the scale goes from
L-0 for darkest to L-4 for brightest. He quickly went through the visual
criteria used to do the rating.Would anyone have more information on
this scale or a reference?
I checked my Astro library and a couple of web sites.

Dave

By the way, according to Horkheimer, this is the last eclipse visible in
N. America until 2000. Weather forecast here is is poor.
--
* David Simmons St. John's Jesuit High School *
* 5901 Airport Hwy Toledo OH 43615 *