Re: bio/geo/math/chemical-physicist

I teach a physics/geology split (right across the river from you at
Jefferson Community College in Louisville). Works great for me because I
started out life in Physics and then went into geology (geomechanics and
geophysics) as an application of physics. In your case I would think the
first consideration would be the needs of the other departments in your
school and the second consideration would be the qualifications of the
applicants you are able to attract. It would be ideal if you could make a
wish list, advertise, and then create a position to fit the strengths of the
best looking applicant you can attract. In other words, try to give yourself
some flexibilty in the position so you can adapt to your canditate pool.