Re: Planetaria

I THINK (if I remember correctly) that Gibbes Planetarium in
Columbia, SC recently built a new one. I know they moved the museum
that it was a part of so I suppose the Planetarium went with it.
Anyway, I've got an email in to a colleague down there to see if I
can get some more info.

Personally, I think I would build an observatory first. Nothing like
the real thing. But perhaps y'all already have one.

We are kicking around silly ideas (silly idea season) and have decided we
absolutely MUST HAVE a Planetarium. Having taken the first step (determined
the presence of interest and willpower) we are now onto step 2: who builds
these things?

Does anyone know a contact person for a recently designed and constructed
planetarium, or even better, know someone who has ever designed and
constructed a planetarium? I thought I'd ask the list before hitting the
yellow pages for nearby cities...

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://www.phy.nau.edu/~danmac/homepage.html

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29528 variety in unity.
pjcamp@csd1.coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
pjcamp@postoffice.worldnet.att.net The Name of the Rose
(803)349-2227