Re: What Flows?

Both Paul and David cleverly sidestep the point I briefly tried to make, i.e:

In the case of "heat flows", [from my viewpoint] it is not the students
[views] which pose the principle concern, *it is the instructors*!!! Sure
if one has the time for Socratic progression throughout the term, start
with >"fire, water, earth, and air" {where ever the students are] But if
the >*instructor* does not understand the correct nature of "heat"
[and The First Law]

(and it seems not)<<<-----,

the students will never learn. They will just
flounder around in mythology babbling about "heat flowing" --- and in the
following year they will be teaching others the same mythology.

I suppose if forced to a position in this teaching thing, I would say that
if the instructor can demonstrate that s/he really knows the details of

T#1: dU = Q + W

then I have no comment regarding how they do the teaching. But after the
thread on "heat", I have grave concerns. But, alas, no more comment.

Jim.Green@Snow.edu
Heat is not energy.
Heat does not flow.
Heat is work!!!!