Re: Lithium Sunlight?

I fail to see how there could be any lithium in sunlight! We could be
talking cosmic rays here, or vanAllen particles, or something, but these
are not likely to reach the ground.
Barlow Newbolt

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996, Tony Wayne wrote:

While watching a Misic video show this weekend an artist, Sting, was
expalining how a chemist explained to him that sunlight carries trace
amounts of lithium in it. True ot not?
-tony

For those who are intested, Sting went on to say that watching the sunset,
(that's when your pupils are open the most while looking at the sun),
allows the lithium to enter your body. Because lithium is administered to
hyperactive individuals it would have the similar, but mitigated, effect on
people watching the sunset. Well, at least a calming, soothing, effect.
This was the reason for his writing the song "Lithium Sunset."

Tony Wayne Those that can, do.
wayne@pen.k12.va.us Those that understand, teach.