Re: What Flows?

from me, however. No small number of them are* now physics teachers, and

*See, I'm a regular guy. I toss off ungrammatical usage with aplomb. It
is enough for me that I notice it when I'm doing it.

So why isn't it enough for me to notice that I'm misusing the heat term, but
go on doing it anyway?

In this case I did it because "No small number of them is now teachers"
is no longer correct usage (and hasn't been since I was in elementary
school). A correct usage doesn't exist. The English language is going
to hell, especially its adverbs. I see no reason for physics to go to
hell too, that's all. I would use the old form if I thought I could
reform English by doing so. I've decided I can't. I have not given up
on physics.

Leigh