Re: What Flows?

Jim Green says:

I am back to yelling at my computer screen! HEAT IS NOT ENERGY. It is not
*in* anything. It does not flow. Heat is DONE to the system.

and Leigh Palmer says:

Indeed. Heat has the same dimensions as energy,
much as torque hasthe same dimensions as energy.
Neither *is* energy. Energy is a function of the

More semantics. Some call it internal energy, some call it heat. Can
anyone relate an instance where using the noun 'heat' instead of 'internal
energy' actually caused confusion among students?

--
--James McLean
jmclean@chem.ucsd.edu