what would the subtle differences be???

From the Earth and Sky broadcast transcript at
http://www.earthsky.com/1996/es960904.html

-===========================================================================
JB: He writes, "How do we know that distant galaxies, or for that
matter, whole regions of the universe, are not made of antimatter? We
only interact with these distant sources by seeing their light . . ."

DB: The truth is, Martin, we don't know for certain. Antimatter would
look just the same as ordinary physical matter. It has the same basic
structure -- but fundamental particles of antimatter have their
electrical charges reversed from that of ordinary matter.

JB: There would be subtle differences between the appearance of the
light from matter galaxies -- and antimatter galaxies. But no
astronomer has yet detected what he or she thinks is light from an
antimatter galaxy. Astronomers think it isn't likely that any distant
galaxies are made of antimatter -- because when antimatter and matter
interact, they turn into pure energy -- what we'd see as a colossal
explosion.

Just what would those "subtile differences" be, does the list suppose????

Jim.Green@Snow.edu

All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.