Re: magnetising water?

I seem to remember an article of a magnetic induction drive for boats
that was developed in Japan. It worked by creating sending an
electrical current through a tube of water. The tude was surrounded by
a strong electromagnetic. The interaction of the two fields forced the
water through the tube creating flow. This flow was powerfull enough
to drive a boat. Might thisa be what is going on here?

Intresting side note:
When I saw the movie Hunt for Red October this seemed to be the kind of
drive that they described for that sub. I have also red the book and in
the book it is not described as an induction drive but more like a ducted
turbin?