RE: magnetising water?

Hi Mark-
First thing to do is chemistry. You can check the iron content
of water, I believe, by precipitating out the iron with the right reagent.
So check the iron content before and after. Also, what were the conductivity
values? If they were measurable, the conductivity was probably due to
impurities.
I think that the static magnetic dipole moment of the water
molecule must be zero (I can't find a table right now), so I doubt that
water can be magnetized by ordinary magnetic fields.
Regards,
Jack