Re: HTML Editor

Jim Green asked about how to learn HTML. Others may have an easier
solution, but this is the route I used.

1. I downloaded "heasy13.zip" form somewhere. It is a simple editor
called HTML Easy! Pro. I tried making a few lines of code with it, but
quickly went to step 2.

2. I saved a web page that had some of the items I wanted to use into a
directory that I could experiment with. I also put some gif and jpg files
in that directory.

3. Then I double-clicked on the web page I saved thus starting up MS
Internet Explorer without being on line. Then I used the "View/Source"
option and experimented by changing a line and seeing what happened.

4. For some things I went back to HTML Easy! Pro to see what code I
needed. For other things I searched the web. There are some very good
online encyclopedia on HTML out there. One such page is "html quick
ref.html", but I forget its address right now.

Feel free to examine our physics page and my personal page as a starter.

Richard Bowman
Dr. Richard L. Bowman
Dept. of Physics e-mail: rbowman@bridgewater.edu
Bridgewater College phone: 540-828-5441