Re: Why do you want LYNX

Hello All,

**the waffle**
I'd pretty much forgotten about Lynx, I used to use occasionally to
check that my WWW pages would be acceptible to Lynx users, but having
found a design style, and a few principles which worked I stopped. I
had another go today, after reading about the speed advantage.

**the point**
Lynx didn't seem to tell me the URL of the page I was on: is this because
of the version I was using (dunno which that was, but I guess I can get
access to others) or is it hidden away somewhere?

**the context**

Why do you want LYNX? It's only a text browser [...]

Amazingly enough, there are still some beknighted folks whose access to
the Net is via a serial connection with character-mode terminal emulation
(e.g. VT100 or VT220). :-)

I use lynx just because I'm weird.

Actually, since windows is big and slow, and netscape is bigger and
slower, I use lynx for all my web searching. It's like having a T1 line!
If you click on a link and the page loads in typically 1 second, while
netscape takes 15 seconds, then you can zip through websites searching for
good ones.
Phil Barker phone: 01483 259 329
Coordinator fax: 01483 259 501
CTI Physics