Free Physics software/Info

I hope nobody minds be posting this information. It is free software and
information pertaining to physics education.
-tony
WATER ROCKET FUN
*UPDATED* VERSION 06/20/96
THE PROGRAM IS FREE!! for Macintosh LC or Newer
If you have a DOS machine, read the bottom of this note

If you have a Mac, teach science or have a curiousity about Water Bottle
Rockets, read this.
Needs: Mac LC or newer

DESCRIPTION
This program simulates the flight of a water bottle rocket. It can be
used from 4th grade up to the college level. The user can input bottle
type, (even those pump toy rockets), gravity as found on different planets,
the fluid to fill the rocket, the atmosphere's density by altitude, drag
coefficient, air density, amount of fluid in rocket, bottle pressure,
calculation speed and accuracy and additional fins. The program flies the
rocket and gives general numbers like max velocity, apogee, max thrust,
time to apogee. The user may request height, velocity, force, impulse,
kinetic energy, potential energy, graphs versus time or a pressure versus
velocity graph. The results can be printed. The application also includes
suggested experiments the software can be used for. It now has a altitude
calculation section where a user can enter tracking angles and the program
calculates and keeps track of the launch and the altitude and drift
distance at altitude in a data table. The data can be saved and opened by
ClarisWorks v4.04 automatically as a spreadsheet or as a text file by any
other program. All the results can be printed. It also includes how to
build your own launcher, rocket and more, much more. THE PROGRAM IS FREE!!

________________________
WHERE TO GET IT.
________________________

It is on America Online or you can ftp it from
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/archives/rec.model.rockets/PROGRAMS.MAC/ or from
the PIRA web site, ftp://www.uark.edu/people/pira/mac/.

If neither of these methods suit you, mail me $2 (US) and I'll mail you a
disk with the software. (I'm sorry I can't afford to send the disk out
free. No one is subsidizing this but me.)

DOS MACHINE OWNERS ...READ ON

The program is not written for dos. ...BUT, if you send me a self addressed
stamped envelope *WITH 2 STAMPS*, I'll send you screen shots of the
information sections. They are about 25 screens. It includes information
about experiments, how to make your own launcher, how to make a water
rocket recovery system and make your own 2 liter water rockets -not just
plain water rockets either. It lists some pitfalls of bottle choices and
more.

Tony Wayne
58 Court Place
Charlottesville, VA 22901-2457

PS If you receive this software, feel free to upload it and distribute it
wherever you like. The best things in like ARE free.

Tony Wayne Those that can, do.
wayne@pen.k12.va.us Those that understand, teach.