Packets Project on the Web

This is a brief note to mention that the Physics Resource Packets
Project (some of you may remember a brief announcement about it last
summer) has been largely put on the Web.

This project is basically designed to

a) support use of spreadsheets and symbolic algebra systems (Maple
and Mathematica) throughout the physics curriculum from freshman to
senior year

b) encourage 'active' classroom learning in all physics courses

What we have put up so far is heavy on Maple, with Mathematica
somewhat behind, and containing only a few spreadsheets.

There are some nice animations and graphics to see. The text of the
program files (comments and input lines) is all shown, so you can
copy and paste from Netscape, or download entire groups of files.

Please visit, and let us know what you think. Just start at my home
page, shown below.

Mike

--
Mike Moloney