Re: population growth & physics ed

One might also wonder why I "choose" to live in a hurricane-prone
area. That's where the job is. Ya gotta eat.

Well, I agree. I grew up where there are no floods, few tornados, no hurricanes, the occasional small eqrthquake, but we get an average of 200+ inches of snow.
My point was in risk assessment. Ther is some non-zero, but also non-unity
probablility that your home will be destroyed by a hurricane.

There is a 100% probability that these houses will be flooded out.

dave b