Rick Tarara

From: Daniel L. MacIsaac <danmac@physics.purdue.edu>

How far do professional racers get on a set of professional racing
tires,
anyway? I suspect the design of those tires is such that they wear
VERY
quickly, and extrapolating the wear behaviours/characteristics of
those
tires to everyday driving situations might be inappropriate. How
many sets
of tires are used by one car in the Indy 500? They certainly seem
to change
them a lot more often than I :^).