Re: Old Stars/Olber's Paradox

Ah, David, I did not know that the expansion of "space" was >c. (Indeed I
am having a hard time internalizing this, but will study your last post
carefully.) I don't think others in this thread understood this either.
Comments all??

I will now rethink my ideas re Obler's "Paradox" etc and suggest others
review their posts and see if they still stand by them.

Thanks, David, for your explanations

Jim Green

Yes, faster than c. This is what I am saying. In a (spatially) uniformly
expanding universe the rate of separation of two different fixed (fixed in
comoving coordinates, that is) points in space is proportional to the
distance between them. Thus, for sufficiently distant points their rate of
separation must be greater than c.