Re: Hot air balloons...

Yesterday, I was talking to someone who stated that he has seen people
launching small hot air balloons powered by cotton balls soaked in
rubbing alcohol. The cotton ball is ignited, placed inside of the
balloon and the balloon launches and keeps rising because it is carrying
its own heat source. He also stated that another material other than
tissue paper was being used. Is anyone familiar with this? Has anyone
tried doing this? If so, could you e-mail me directly and possibly give
me the materials and instructions in making this?

How about using bags from dry cleaners with some light support made of
straws at the bottom to hold a heat source?