Re: Dark Matter

I am wondering when/where/who the idea of "dark matter" in the universe came
about.

An old reference came to mind the umpteenth time I ran across this string.
.. .wasn't the discoverer Vera Reubens? Also, my stu's ran across a nice DM
page in Warsaw. . .listed under <cosmology> in the URL in the sig.file
below:>

"Scientists do not study Nature because it is useful;
They study it because it they delight in it, and they delight in it
because it is beautiful.
If Nature were not beautiful, it would not be worth knowing,
and if Nature were not worth knowing, life would not be worth living."

-Henri Poincare'

.. . . _ _ _ _ _ _ . . . = 73's = Best Regards ~Lucky Leptons:>

Evan Justin, 8th Grade Earth/Space Science/Math
McMurray Middle School, 9329 S.W. Cemetery Road
Vashon Island, WA 98070-6105 (USA)

K12Ed.Resource Compendium = http://weber.u.washington.edu/~uwnet10/

email = uwnet10@u.washington.edu
vmail = (206) 463-9168x104 (USA)