RE: Ideas for 8th Grade Science Camp

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, JACK L. URETSKY (C) 1996; HEP DIV., ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB, ARGONNE, IL 60439 wrote:

Well, the "urgent" problem for humanity is what to do in case
of an impending collision with a comet or large asteroid.
Regards,
Jack

Jack, how about we put some of our "high tech" knowledge to work along
with our surplus nuclear missiles and zap the sucker. What does a nuclear
explosion in space do? Have we ever tried it?

If that is not an option, drink-up and enjoy life while you can. Throw
the party to end all parties and take lots of long vacations and put it
on your credit cards. It's not likely they will get their money afterwards! :))
If the comet or asteroid misses, at least the credit card companies can't
kill you!
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059