Re: Physics First

The book is the sequel to Introductory Physical Science and is called
Physical Science II. I think the book may be out of print as
Haber-Schaim is rewriting the material. I would contact Prentic Hall and
ask for the ISBN 0-13-671354-8 for cloth and
0-13-671339-4 for the paper bound edition.

Ask around to see just where Uri is with the new version. I talked with
him about two years ago at an AAPT meeting and I thought he was close to
being finished at that time but he may be having difficulty getting a
manufacture to build the special equipment that drives the curriculum.

We stocked up on books and equipment several years ago knowing there was a
potential problem coming down the pike. I know this is not the news you
wanted to hear but I hope someone will get behind Haber-Schaim and give
the program a push. It was hot in the '60's & '70's but when four color
came out, this book looked like a loser - except the concepts are still
sound. To really make the material work, it does take some special
training as some of the labs can be touchy. If I hear anything more, I
will be sure to post the information.

Lowell Herr
Project PHYSLab
The Catlin Gabel School