Re: telescopes

Roughly how much cash is available? Also, what are the seeing
conditions in your area (urban, suburban, rural; frequently cloudy,
frequently clear; etc.) and for what purpose will the instrument
mainly be used (mainly instructional or not)? Regardless of your
purpose, be sure to save enough money for a good CCD imaging system.
They are dirt cheap nowadays and are unbelievably useful and
versatile.

I'm repeating a note just sent thinking that the address was not a good one.
We have just been told that someone would like to buy us a nice new telescope
to go in our new observatory. I know nothing about astronomy, but I'd like
to get one nice enough to attract some really good astronomers, (who will
hopefully help inspire and share knowledge with local amateurs). Any
suggestions would be welcome, thanks, nck1@aol.com

Paul J. Camp "The Beauty of the Universe
Assistant Professor of Physics consists not only of unity
Coastal Carolina University in variety but also of
Conway, SC 29526 variety in unity.
pjcamp@csd1.coastal.edu --Umberto Eco
(803)349-2227 The Name of the Rose
fax: (803)349-2926