Re: Info request-European Physics/science Museums

another (faster for me) URL is
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/galileo/finger.html

this address was mentioned previously

At 09:08 AM 6/5/96 +0000, you wrote:
Paul Camp wrote:

To what end was it removed? (This is too weird -- I plan to take all
my appendages to the grave).

At 11:13 AM 6/5/96 EST, Paul Camp wrote:
Galileo's middle finger???

Yes - it was removed by a surgeon after his death. You can take a
look at
it via the JPL Galileo web site if you're not up for a trip to Italy! I
forget the URL, but you can find it from the top via www.jpl.nasa.gov
George Spagna

Here is the link to the museum in Florence. It is there, I saw it in 1990.
http://galileo.imss.firenze.it/museo/4/eiv10.html
Enjoy.
--
Richard Goode
Physics Teacher

"Man does not cease to play because he grows old; Man grows
old because he ceases to play."

Richard M. Langer
Physics Teacher
Gateway High School,