Re: Question for Brad Shue

On Tue, 4 Jun 1996, JACK L. URETSKY (C) 1996; HEP DIV., ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB, ARGONNE, IL 60439 wrote:
Hi again-
I don't understand your answer. What has "change the way we teach"
got to do with identification?
Hi Brad-
I think that I agree with everything you say in your response.
Now the question is: given that we can't see what "pops into their heads",
how do we identify the good grapes?
Regards,
Jack

Brad Wrote:
That seems to be the question everyone is trying to answer. I don't know.
Mabye change the way we teach and test.

Jack, the key phrase is, "the way we teach and TEST". Testing, which is a
loaded discussion I'll stay away from, will alow you to identify the "good
grapes". The "good grapes", effective professors, will be producing
students who understand the material being taught.

Can we drop this thread? I really didn't think it would develop into this
and I'm not an expert in this area. I just post my opinions and
observations from my experiences.
--
James Bradford Shue jshue@comp.uark.edu
University of Arkansas Voice phone:(501) 575-6059