fortran routine

This isn't directly about physics, but I'm hoping that while writing
physics materials someone has determined how to detect that a user has
pressed a (any) key on a PC. It is trivial to do in BASIC and C. I have
looked quickly at the microsoft fortran manuals and the information
doesn't just leap out at me. I want to detect a key tap WITHOUT waiting
for the Return key to be pressed. Is there a convenient function
available to do this.

Thanks in advance.

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *
* physics & astron. e-mail: bob_muir@uncg.edu *