Re: Amazing facts

Nancy Douglas writes:
In the 50's I think it was airlines had problems with aircraft aisles. Stew-
ardesses (and that's all airlines had then) were required to wear spike heels.
There were problems with those heels penetrating the floors of the aisles,
especially when an "updraft" was encountered.

Additionally, the old "Mini" computers were installed in rooms with raised
floors under which the wires were run. Our fairly new Chemistry wing has
raised floors to allow the plumbing to be installed and moved at will.
Both of the articificial floors came with the proviso "no women in spike
heels" (or men either!!!)
Karl

Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk:(512)471-4152
Physics Dept-Mail Stop C1600 Office: (512) 471-5411
The University of Texas at Austin FAX: (512) 471-9637 (other building)
Austin, Texas 78712-1081 E-Mail:trappe@physics.utexas.edu