Re: QPro...again.

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Delissa Souder wrote:

Greetings everyone. I know that I posted this message once
before and I thank everyone for all of their replies, but I have one more
question. Anyone who is familiar with QPro (or anyother spreadsheet
program) is in radian mode. The problem is that I need to do trig
functions in degree mode. Can anyone tell me how to take the inverse
function (sin, cos, tan)? I'm working on a spreadsheet program where I'm
trying to find the angle (theta) of a triangle where I know the opposite
and adjacent. For example: tangent (theta) = opp/adj
theta = tangent^-1 (opp/adj)
Any advice would be most greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dwight
dsouder@ashland.edu

Dwight,
What I do is define a constant in a convenient cell containing 180/@pi
which I use to convert radians to degrees. To calculate an angle in
degrees from the ratio of opposite to adjacent sides simply put the
following into a cell
@atan(opp/adj)*$b$2
where cell b2 contains the conversion factor 180/@pi.

* bob muir voice: (910) 334-5669 *