Re: Help! looking for trick light bulbs

At 01:12 PM 4/24/96 -0500, Van E. Neie wrote:
A few years we acquired some trick light bulbs of various colors, designed
in such a way that when the tip and threads are connected the light inside
comes on. Actually these are simply plastic bulbs containing complete
circuits inside, including a small wheat grain bulb powered by two small
watch batteries. We can't remember where we got them. Does anyone

I bought sone of these at the winter AAPT meeting a few years back. They
might have come from JERRYCO. Jerryco is (was?) a company that sells things
that are very likely to be the favorite toys of physics teachers.

I have lost track of Jerryco. I vaguely recall that they might have changed
their name. I wish I could find them again.

--

I have now used Netscape to do the Alta Vista search with keyword JERRYCO.

It led me to several places (including at least one dead end). Among them are:

------------------------
American Science & Surplus, Inc.
601 Linden Place
Evanston, IL 60202
(copier lenses for finder scopes, heat ropes for dew-removal, and lots
of weird stuff)
(formerly Jerryco)
--------------------------

and

Bill Beaty's Homepages: Surplus sources
Surplus Parts and Equipment. keywords: surplus electronics science
equipment parts. Some
stores on WWW. All Electronics Corp. DIGI-KEY (non-surplus electronics)
DOD...
http://www.eskimo.com/~billb/supliers.html - size 8K - 1 Jan 96

Mark Larchez larchezm@uwstout.edu
University of Wisconsin-Stout Physics Dept., Menomonie WI 54751