Poor university teaching????? Excellent high school teaching!!!

I just read this on the net: "I have taught with a few teachers who were
not physics majors, but did outstanding jobs teaching because they have
learned the discipline through YEARS of hard work teaching. I have yet to
meet a HS physics teacher who has not had a physics course."

I totally agree with this statement. I wrote earlier during the day that I
am a teacher who has had a year of university physics but currently teach
honors physics (PSSC Physics) and regular physics for the past ten years.
Admitedly I propbably was not the best teacher during my first year, but I
totally disagree with the person who is blaming the poor physics teachers
in high school with their poor performance in college. Perhaps they should
try and teach instead of lecture.

By the way, most of my students score 5's on the AP test when they take it.
You can learn and teach WELL without having a physics major. Try teaching
better in the university, please.

Bob Blankinship