Re: What is MAPLE?

David Young asks if Maple is part of MathCad. Not exactly. MathCad "uses the
Maple engine" I guess this means it uses Maple to do its work. However, the t
wo programs have different features and MathCad does not give you everything in
Maple or vis versa. The copy of Maple that we have came as part of a site lis
cence and we got little or no documentation, but it has great on line help buil
t in. My wife started using it with her calculus classes this year and is havi
ng lots of fun. It is really a very powerful program! Some of her students ha
ve their own copies of MathCad and they apparently have some debates over the p
ros and cons of each.