End of Relativity problem!

I just wanted to thank everybody for their help with the relativity
problem. I especially appreciate how quickly everyone responded so that
I was able to settle this in less than a day! I was pretty sure of my
reasoning (after a couple of stupid errors!) but lacked the confidence to
attack a textbook. I know that textbooks make lots of errors and I've
caught some before, but my relative (no pun intended) inexperience with
special relativity held me back from just changing the answers. So I
appreciate everybody's help and wish ya'll a Happy Easter!

Jonathan Gillis
Enloe High School
Raleigh, NC
gillis@avalon.nando.net