RE: mcats

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, JACK L. URETSKY (C) 1996; HEP DIV., ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB, ARGONNE, IL 60439 wrote:

Rick-
I think that the things you say are consistent with
the advice in books on "How to take...". Have you looked at any of
these?
Regards,
Jack

I guess my point is that not-using a guessing penalty and in fact
encouraging guessing is INCONSISTENT with the advice. My advice IS--work
carefully even if that means slowly, and when they annouce 1 minute left,
mark 'C' for any questions you haven't answered. BUT--how many students
will do it that way? The strong temptation IS to BE SURE to look at
EVERY QUESTION and take a guess and that means--WORK QUICKLY (and knowing
students--haphazardly)!

Rick