Re: comet

At about 7:40 pm this evening (Saturday, March 23), we saw the comet easily
just above the eastern horizon in Frostburg (far western Maryland). It's
perhaps a little smaller than the full moon, and averted vision wasn't
necessary to see it. The sky is very clear here, but low temperature and
a howling wind make viewing rather unpleasant. We saw the comet initially
from the street, but we can't see it from my house yet--it's behind some
tree limbs. We'll go out later this evening and look with binoculars to
see if we can see the tail.

Steve Luzader
Frostburg State University
sluzader@fre.fsu.umd.edu