From: Phys-l <phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org> on behalf of brian whatcott <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:42:32 AM
To: phys-l@mail.phys-l.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] labs/projects

On 8/30/2018 9:55 AM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:
A science teacher here wants to try PBL (project based learning) and is
looking for a good peer evaluation form. Does anyone have something they'd
like to share?

Well, look at you! Signed in with five pointers to a day school.

Anyway, here's one aspect. If you want to encourage team-work then it is
well to evaluate by team results!

But that can be a problem in this land of sturdy individualists, who may
well be aware that a team can be more (or less) than the sum of its
parts, but find it difficult to rate synergy on an individual basis.
There again, I am old and cynical.

Another problem: team-work has a gender bias, apparently - in that girls
and women can work better in a team environment than men and boys. It's
that co-operative, nurturing thing, as opposed to that aggressive,
competitive thing....so cynical!

Brian W