[Phys-L] Assistant Prof Job Announcement

Here is our approved ad for our search this fall. We have a very strong
computational physics effort and offer a computational physics sequence within
the BS Physics degree. One of our areas of interest is in biophysics as we
will soon have a biophysics sequence as well. Please pass this along to
anyone that might be interested. Thanks.

David
________________________________
Illinois State University, Normal/Bloomington
Assistant Professor, Computational Physics

The Department of Physics invites applications for a nine-month, tenure-track
Assistant Professor position in Computational Physics, starting August 16,
2019. A PhD in Physics or a closely related field is required. The
successful applicant will show excellent potential for research that can
involve undergraduates. Applicants should also demonstrate excellent teaching
skills, and have a strong background in computational physics. State law
mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a
requirement of this position. Preference will be given to research areas that
complement existing department strengths. Post-doctoral experience and the
potential for attracting external funding are preferred. Salary is
commensurate with qualifications and experience. To assure full consideration,
please complete a faculty employment application at posting 0710914 at
www.jobs.ilstu.edu. Please attach a letter of application, statements of
teaching and research interests, curriculum vita, and the names and contact
information of three references by October 15, 2018. For more information on
the Department of Physics please visit www.phy.ilstu.edu.

Illinois State is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action university
encouraging diversity.